An easy spicy and tangy fish meal prefect for a busy weeknight since it comes together in just minutes. Marinate the fish ahead of time for an extra flavorful meal.
Recipe: Tandoori Tilapia
Also known as: Tandoori Fish
Accompaniments: Baked Potatoes, Boiled Mixed Veggies, Green Salad, Pita
- 200-250 grams tilapia (or any other white fish such as cod, halibut, snapper)
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp tandoori masala (available in most indian stores)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste (heaped)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Rinse the fish in cold water, cut into chunks and soak in some water with some lemon juice. Rinse again and pat dry.
- Mix all the ingredients, apart from the fish, together. Taste the marinade and add any more salt/chili/lemon to your preference.
- Coat the fish with the marinade.
- Line an oven-proof dish with foil and grease with oil.
- Place the coated fish in the pan and cover. Let the fish marinate for about an hour (or up to 8 hours) in the fridge.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes till the fish flakes easily with a fork. This depends on the thickness and the type of fish you are using, so judge accordingly. Turn the oven up to the ‘Broil’ setting to brown the top of the fish, about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon and cilantro leaves.
- This marinade can also be used for BBQ fish or for fish skewers.