A really simple, mess-free way to cook up a great Salmon meal in the oven.
Recipe: Spicy Salmon Fillets
Accompaniments: Oven Roasted Potatoes, Boiled Vegetables, Crusty Breads
- 500 grams salmon fish fillets, without skin (Sockeye or Keta)
- 2 Tbsp garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp red chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Many times salmon fillet contains pin bones, therefore, be careful consuming it. Also, it is not really suitable for children to eat without supervision.
- Cut the salmon into pieces (I’ve cut them into 3 pieces), wash in cool water and soak in water with some lemon juice for a couple of minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- In a shallow tray, mix the garlic paste, paprika, chili powder, salt, lemon juice and oil.
- Line an oven-proof tray with aluminum foil. Coat the tray with a generous amount of oil.
- Coat the fish generously with the marinade and place in the tray.
- Cover with cling-wrap and let it marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- Remove cling-wrap and bake for 15 minutes or until it flakes easily (time depends on the size of the pieces).
- Turn up the oven to the broil setting and broil the top of the fish for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with a side of oven roasted potatoes, boiled vegetables, salad and some fresh crusty bread.
Approximate nutritional content per serving: