Osawelu Khaw is rice that has its starch drained out, making it is easier to digest.
Recipe: Osawelu Khaw
Also known as: Plain Boiled Rice
Categories: Rice; side dishes
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 5 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp butter/oil (optional)
- Wash the rice and soak it for 30 minutes. Drain the rice and rinse it in a fine hole colander till the water runs clear. This step is done to prevent the rice from getting all sticky.
- Boil the water and add the salt.
- Add the washed rice.
- Cook uncovered on medium-high heat. When the rice is done (check one grain for done-ness) pour the rice into a colander. Add a splash of cool water and allow it to drain.
- Return rice to the warm pot. Add butter or oil to the rice and stir once. Cover the pot.