Mayai Dungri nu Saag is eaten as a light dinner, since it is a lot like scrambled eggs, I guess it could be eaten for breakfast too. I recall never wanting to eat this (since I dislike eggs), but I guess if I am putting up all the recipes in my book, I might as well! There is no picture because i’m not making it!
Recipe: Mayai Dungri nu Saag
Also known as: Scrambled Egg and Onion Curry
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium sized onions, finely diced
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- In a frying pan heat the oil.
- Add onions and fry till soft (not brown).
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and pour into the frying pan.
- Add the salt and chili powder.
- Stir vigorously, breaking the egg into little clumps.
- When the egg is fully cooked, turn off the heat and add the cilantro leaves.
- Serve with Rotli.