Since I don’t have a massive freezer, I usually make tamarind paste on an as needed basis. These are basic instructions on how to make your own tamarind paste for use in cooking.
Recipe: Tamarind Paste
Also known as: Ambli
Servings: Makes 3 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp tamarind pulp
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Add some hot water to the tamarind pulp and let it soak for a couple of minutes.
- Break apart the pulp using a fork.
- If you can, remove the seeds from the now loosened pulp. I don’t since I have a strong blender that can handle the seeds.
- Blend the pulp and water together.
- Pour the mixture into a sieve and press on the pulp.
- The pulp that sieves through is ready for use.